[geeks] Hosting - 600GB disk - 6000GB transfer - $8 - Catch?

Phil Stracchino phil.stracchino at speakeasy.net
Fri Oct 12 09:50:59 CDT 2007

Dan Sikorski wrote:
> Sridhar Ayengar wrote:
>> Hear hear!  There was a damn good reason I was a CS major and not an IS
>> major.  System administration is fun, as long as no-one is bothering
>> you.  Writing code is fun period.
>>
>> In my current job, being a technical lead, I need to wear my sysadmin
>> hat, my architect hat and my programmer hat.  By far, the programming is
>> the most fun.  I'd say the architect/analyst hat is the least.
>>
> I think I'm pretty much the opposite.  I don't find programming to be
> very much fun at all.  Maybe I have yet to learn a language that I like,
> or have not learned one well enough to really be comfortable with it,
> but I have always found programming to be tedious and frustrating. On
> the other hand, I usually find the problem solving aspects of system
> administration to be the most fun.

I find programming to be fun.  I just can't find anyone who'll pay me to
do it.  But then, bluntly, I can't find anyone who'll pay a 47-year-old
guy with Aspergers and in constant pain to do anything at all.

--
        Phil Stracchino                CDK#2
 phil.stracchino at speakeasy.net   alaric at caerllewys.net
 Landline: 603-429-0220           Mobile: 603-320-5438
        It's not the years, it's the mileage.