[geeks] Apple software: the stuff you "gotta have"

Shannon Hendrix shannon at widomaker.com
Thu Oct 11 11:32:35 CDT 2007

On Oct 11, 2007, at 7:36 AM, ross-sunhelp at lonsteins.com wrote:

> On Thu, Oct 11, 2007 at 02:50:41AM -0400, Shannon Hendrix wrote:
>     [snip]
>> course, they had to, but what surprised me was a few history majors
>     [snip]
>
> *cough* I'm not surprised ;)

Well, my assumption was that the history majors and professors were
driven by need just like the physics and math department.  Different
needs of course, but fairly serious stuff.  Large document handling,
excellent reference management, etc.

It just surprised me I guess because it seemed that few of their
counterparts in biology, sociology, language, and other areas were
able to grok typesetting.  It always seemed to me that language
majors could really have used TeX, but I rarely saw them touch it.

--
Shannon Hendrix
shannon at widomaker.com