[geeks] Apple software: the stuff you "gotta have"

Brooke Gravitt gravitt at gmail.com
Thu Oct 11 08:47:37 CDT 2007

On 10/9/07, Shannon Hendrix <shannon at widomaker.com> wrote:
> For all you mac-heads on the list, how about a list of the software
> that you "just gotta have".

My list:

BBEdit ( is the only text editor besides vi I use - unless I'm forced
to edit a Word doc)
Chicken of the VNC
Delicious Library  ( I keep track of the kid's books - grandmas both
like to shop)
Firefox
Google earth
Handbrake
Mac the Ripper
MarsEdit
NetNewsWire
OmniGraffle Pro ( I have to do too many Visio docs )
OmniOutliner Pro
Remote Desktop Connection ( useful for hitting my PC at work over VPN)
Roxio Toast
Skype
SuperDuper! ( easy to use backup software, has replaced Retrospect for me )
Unison
Vim
VLC
VMWare Fusion
Zinio Reader ( i get a few digital magazines through here )