[geeks] check your credit card statement if dealing with VistaPrint

Phil Stracchino phil.stracchino at speakeasy.net
Wed Oct 10 17:13:08 CDT 2007

Patrick Giagnocavo wrote:
> Those of you who have dealt with VistaPrint - I advise you to check
> your credit card statements for a charge from "AP9*SHOPPINGESSENTIAL"
> or similar.
>
> They are a scammer that pays other businesses to offer a discount or
> other come-on in return for your credit card info, which they then
> charge a monthly amount, usually varying between $9.95 and $19.95 per
> month.
>
> An unwitting click during checkout (with no disclosure of the add'l
> charges) adds you to their database.

Max Loyalty LLC is another of these outfits.  hotmoviesale.com is one of
Max Loyalty's fronts.  When called on it, they will tell you they have
cancelled your membership as requested.  They will tell you they will
refund the charges.  They will tell you they will make no further
charges.  And in each and every case, they will be lying through their
teeth.

--
        Phil Stracchino                CDK#2
 phil.stracchino at speakeasy.net   alaric at caerllewys.net
 Landline: 603-429-0220           Mobile: 603-320-5438
        It's not the years, it's the mileage.