[geeks] Apple software: the stuff you "gotta have"

Bill Bradford mrbill at mrbill.net
Tue Oct 9 23:05:37 CDT 2007

On Tue, Oct 09, 2007 at 08:47:41PM -0700, N. Miller wrote:
> On the same topic, what are folks using as an alternative to
> Azureus?  I let mine get updated, and the new version is banned at
> one site I am on, so I've been using rtorrent for that site only.
> Anyone have an opinion on Transmission?

I've tried others, but I keep going back to Azureus due to its
configurability (ability to bandwidth limit all or specific
torrents both ways, encryption support, etc).  Until uTorrent
is ported to the Mac, I'll stick with it.

Plus, I've got about 4+ years of tweaks on my setup. 8-)

Bill

--
Bill Bradford
Houston, Texas