[geeks] Impulse buy are dangerous things...

Shannon Hendrix shannon at widomaker.com
Sat Oct 6 20:02:04 CDT 2007

On Oct 6, 2007, at 7:49 PM, Rick Hamell wrote:

>> My initial impression is that the hardware is nice except for the
>> keyboard and mouse.  The mouse is terrible.  The keyboard isn't
>> actually that bad as membrane units go.  The main problem is that it
>> is too small and low for comfortable use on my computer desk.  For
>> $2500 plus tax, they should both be much better.
>
> Did it come with one of the new Aluminum Keyboards or the older
> style one
> that has the lip around it?

It is white keys in a clear plastic case.  It's actually pretty
sturdy, but a little odd here and there.  I'm constantly hitting f13
instead of delete, because my IBM puts backspace there.

I'll eventually replace it, probably next week.

> I love the Aluminum keyboards now that I'm using one every day. I
> was iffy

I absolutely hate those things.

I'll probably get one like Bill has, or maybe another one that feels
right and will work with my PC on a KVM switch.