[geeks] Sun 7005A RAM Kit in U60?

Lionel Peterson lionel4287 at verizon.net
Sat Oct 6 09:09:20 CDT 2007

>From: Mark <md.benson at gmail.com>
>Date: 2007/10/06 Sat AM 03:03:49 CDT
>To: The Geeks List <geeks at sunhelp.org>
>Subject: [geeks] Sun 7005A RAM Kit in U60?

>Anyone of you know if a Sun 7005A 512MB RAM Kit (pair of 256MB DIMMS)
>will work in a Ultra 60? I found some for cheap on eBay and wondered
>if it was worth grabbing them instead of the 7004A 256MB (2x 128MB)
>Kits I was going to buy.

They won't work - the 128 Meg pieces are the largest an Ultra 60 can use. To use the 256 Meg pieces, you need to go to an E450, E420r, or other four CPU system.

What was the price difference you found? Were they cheaper than 128 Meg pieces or just less than twice as much per DIMM (cheaper per piece or per megabyte)?

Lionel