[geeks] KVM revisited

nate at portents.com nate at portents.com
Tue Oct 2 12:26:35 CDT 2007

> But why can't the KVM get that response from the monitor and save it to
> send to the various computers hooked up to it?

KVM makers were sued for 'emulating' the USB devices attached to them (the
USB device makers claimed it violated their intellectual property to allow
another device to pretend to be their device), and I imagine that if
monitor makers haven't already threatened to sue KVM makers, the KVM
makers are afraid they will get sued by the monitor makers if they try to
do the same thing with DDC/EDID.

- Nate