[geeks] *Resolution* Intel Mac Mini - Horrible USB2 drive performance

geeks at litfire.com geeks at litfire.com
Fri May 25 08:55:53 CDT 2007

Strangely enough, after installing something called Western Digital Button
Manager which runs a service at startup (not designated as a driver,
supposedly provides the ability to do things with the buttons on the drives,
though I don't see where or how), Xbench gives me 15MB/sec+ on both of my
drives, the WD and the Cavalry.

I also see a commensurate improvement in file copy times, etc.

I hate when things start working for the wrong reasons...

-Anthony