[geeks] Network Slowness

Sridhar Ayengar ploopster at gmail.com
Thu May 24 16:34:10 CDT 2007

> | > transferring files via sftp from the same box, not going over the wire
> | > at all.
> |
> | sftp from localhost (on the Thinkpad) gives me speeds roughly 24MB/s.

Now what about this?  I have this other machine I ran the same test on,
and it's able to get the full 11.2MBps across the LAN to another
machine, but when I try to do the same test with the same settings to
localhost, it only gets about 2.5MBps.

And I checked, and the MTU settings on the loopback interface seem to be
normal.  This is going to drive me to drink.

Peace...  Sridhar