[geeks] WTB Apple Powerbook, G4

Sridhar Ayengar ploopster at gmail.com
Thu May 24 14:04:55 CDT 2007

Sandwich Maker wrote:
> " I don't trust eBay on Apple stuff and thought maybe some geeks might
> " have a lower-end Powerbook with OSX 10.4 on it.
> "
> " minimums:
> "
> " []
> " 15" screen
>
> i don't know how this matches to apple screen sizes, but -i'd- be
> looking for 1024x768, iirc their highest res in older notebooks.  i
> don't care about the screen -size-.

If you're looking for a G4, the first two generations of PowerBook G4
(original and Gigabit Ethernet) had 1152x768 screens, which were
reasonable to use, but the third (PowerBook G4 + DVI) and later
generations had a 1280x854 screen that, besides the higher resolution,
had a spectacularly superior color saturation to the earlier ones, so if
you can swing the extra cost, I highly recommend getting a DVI one or newer.

Of course, it's always good to buy from an Apple-authorized dealer, even
on eBay, so your purchase can be eligible for AppleCare.

Peace...  Sridhar