[geeks] Q: NetScreen Firewall/VPN appliance

Lionel Peterson lionel4287 at verizon.net
Tue May 22 14:44:31 CDT 2007

Hello all,

I came a cross a NetScreen Technologies NS-005-001 Firewall/VPN appliance, and I was wondering if anyone had any exp. with this piece of hardware?

The unit powers up, and I have the original box, which includes power brick and software on floppy (which I can't easily load onto a computer right now). I suspect it works fine, but:

Would a unit like this need expensive software "activation" or license to actually use (or is it perpetual)?

Do these have any resale value (aside from insanity like eBay Item number: 120121368264)?

This unit has a trusted and an untrusted Ethernet port, as well as a 9 pin serial diagnostics port...

Thanks in advance,

Lionel