[geeks] Windows App to close dialog

Michael Parson mparson at bl.org
Tue May 22 14:41:51 CDT 2007

On Tue, May 22, 2007 at 12:22:38PM -0700, brian.dunbar at liftport.com wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have need of a Windows application that can close dialog boxes and take
> scripted action - send an email or restart a service or application.
>
> The specific problem is that I've inherited a service on a Windows server
> that 'once in a while' throws a dialog box and exists - no error message
> logged.
>
> Which would not be a huge deal except that the application lives on a
> server that no one looks at.
>
> Five years ago I had the same situation, found a shareware application
> that would take scripted action on dialog (click 'ok') and then restart a
> service.  I only needed it for a few months while the application was
> replaced.  Of course I can't _find_ it now and it's gone from our archive
> of local application archive.
>
> Any ideas?  Clues?  I can't make this application go away - we're stuck
> with it for another year or three while the ERP systems it talks to are
> done away with.

Many years ago, I needed a similar problem solved and I got the $8 shareware
program "Reconnect Master" which doesn't seem to be around any more.

I did find a web page with a similar set of programs though:

http://www.freedownloadscenter.com/Utilities/Automation_Utilities/

424 titles on 43 pages, surely something in there would do the trick. =)

--
Michael Parson
mparson at bl.org