[geeks] 80s computers, was Re: [rescue] fwd: Linux Foundation Prepares For Microsoft's Legal Action

Mike Meredith very at zonky.org
Mon May 21 16:22:29 CDT 2007

On Mon, 21 May 2007 16:47:47 -0400, Charles Shannon Hendrix wrote:
> A couple of the 80s adventure games made reference to the protective
> UK computer market, including at least one by Infocom.

Looks like I may have been wrong. Not the first time, and won't be the
last :) (good move BTW)

> I also remember jokes about "chips that pass in the night" on a list
> about Sinclair computers, but never knew what that was about.  I
> assumed it was something uniquely UK.

Short version of 'chips on ships that pass in the night' ? The bit
after "on" being an old phrase for one-night stands.

--
Mike Meredith (http://zonky.org/)
 "I wish there was a knob on the TV to turn up the intelligence.