[geeks] fwd: Microsoft demands royalties for open-source software

Sandwich Maker adh at an.bradford.ma.us
Tue May 15 16:43:39 CDT 2007

" From: "Jonathan C. Patschke" <jp at celestrion.net>
"
" On Tue, 15 May 2007, Sandwich Maker wrote:
"
" > anyone think these cases have serious merit, or is the deep-pockets
" > just trying to bury the opposition with legal costs?
"
" []
"
" Or possibly anyone running Apache on an open-source operating system can
" counter-claim again Microsoft for damages incurred every time one of
" their infected PCs turns into a spam-spewing zombie?  I suspect MSFT
" would come out behind on that sort of deal.

which reminds me of the rumor that ms themselves run apache, hacked to
report the ms server [iis?] id string, on their own site.  ms servers
fell over under the load...