[geeks] Advertising status bar in I.E.

Micah R Ledbetter vlack-lists at vlack.com
Thu May 10 03:08:21 CDT 2007

On May 10, 2007, at 00:13, Geoffrey S. Mendelson wrote:

> On Wed, May 09, 2007 at 04:58:54PM -0500, Micah R Ledbetter wrote:

>> My suggestion is to download something like BartPE or LEGALLY
>> PURCHASE
>> (ahem) Winternals Administrator Pack. From there, I believe you
>> can run
>> Spybot and such.
>
> That sounds good to me, but her budget for such things is ZERO.
> Computer
> stuff froms from the computer department which no longer exists. It
> was subcontracted to this company, which is doing so bad a job they
> are
> not getting renewed. They know it and don't really care.

Well, BartPE is free, except it was kind of a pain the last time I
tried to use it. In fact, I think I gave up eventually and downloaded
someone else's image. Of course, it's Windows, so they can't let you
do that officially... so they provide instructions and tools to build
your own. It's pretty cool, actually, since it lets you customize it
they way you need it and all. There are also easy plugins you can
download for popular software, so you don't have to get your hands
dirty doing it yourself.

  - Micah