[geeks] floppy disks

Bill Bradford mrbill at mrbill.net
Wed May 9 00:18:27 CDT 2007

On Wed, May 09, 2007 at 08:13:39AM +0300, Geoffrey S. Mendelson wrote:
> Almost everyone used MFM type data encoding, except Apple and most
> of the 8 bit "home computers"( Atari, Commodore). Apple switched to
> MFM encoding with the 1.4m disks, Commodore with the Amiga and
> Atari with the "ST". MFM disks can be read (and sometimes written)
> with a standard PC.

Unfortunately not Amiga disks.  Fortunately, I need the actual physical
floppies so I can make disks from the images that I already have. 8-)

There's a program called Amiga Explorer that I can run on a Windows
system (connected via null-modem to the actual Amiga) that lets me
use the Amiga's floppy drive to read/write actual physical floppies.

Bill

--
Bill Bradford
Houston, Texas