[geeks] Sillly Valley prices

Geoffrey S. Mendelson gsm at mendelson.com
Mon May 7 22:59:40 CDT 2007

I'm writing a business plan and need some prices.

I am well aware of "Silicon Valley" technical salaries, but I need
to know some things that are not technical.

The Silicon Valley operation is a front. It would be a person at
a desk, a couple of computers, a fax machine, a printer, etc.

There probably should be several "workstations" (as in desk, chair,
phone, and computer) for visiting employees and a telephone switch.

How much does the following cost?

1. Rent.
2. Telephone and other utility expenses.
3. Salary and benefits for an "office manager"?
4. Taxes and Insurance.
5. Anything else I missed.

The office manager would answer the phone, collect the mail and
forward those things to the real office that needed to be
forwarded.

For example, phone calls would be forwareded, mail would be scanned
and sent electronicly to the main office, packages etc, would be
forwarded. Outgoing mail would be printed and stuffed into
envelopes and sent out.

Visitors would be discouraged.

It would probably be cheaper and easier to rent space in one of those
places that rents you a furnished office with a shared receptionist,
etc.

Ballpark figures are fine, there will not be a quiz next week. :-)

Thanks, Geoff.

IL Voice: (07)-7424-1667  Fax ONLY: 972-2-648-1443 U.S. Voice: 1-215-821-1838