[geeks] The Dog's Breakfast: Microsoft Windows Vista

Sandwich Maker adh at an.bradford.ma.us
Thu May 3 23:02:48 CDT 2007

" From: "Dan Duncan" <danduncan at gmail.com>
"
" On 5/2/07, Charles Shannon Hendrix <shannon at widomaker.com> wrote:
" > Dell is going back to XP, other vendors say they might follow or are
" > trying to break their contracts, Dell is shipping Ubuntu systems, etc.
"
" I just bought a new laptop (my first new laptop ever) and booted into Vista
" long enough to make sure all the hardware was present and working (and
" what it was) before I wiped it off the drive.

my gf's son got a new notebook a month or two ago - xp pro.  he wanted
vista-capable, but doesn't plan to actually 'upgrade'.