[geeks] 40% Discount os O'Reilly Goodness, fresh from the source!

Charles Shannon Hendrix shannon at widomaker.com
Wed May 2 18:33:28 CDT 2007

Lionel Peterson wrote:
>> From: Charles Shannon Hendrix <shannon at widomaker.com>
>> Date: 2007/05/02 Wed PM 02:59:43 CDT
>> To: The Geeks List <geeks at sunhelp.org>
>> Subject: Re: [geeks] 40% Discount os O'Reilly Goodness, fresh from the  source!
>
>> Wed, 02 May 2007 @ 14:16 -0500, Lionel Peterson said:
>>
>>> Hello all,
>>>
>>> I just wanted to share with you a discount code for the O'Reilly website - it offers a 40% discount on cover price and free shipping on all books ordered:
>>>
>>> Discount Code: D7SDPD
>>>
>>> I just tried it, and it appears to work, but I didn't complete the
>>> transaction. I realize that you can frequently find slightly deeper
>>> discounts (43% at bookpool.com is pretty common for new/popular
>>> books), this discount coupon works on any book ORA offers...
>> This is good if you are buying new books.
>>
>> However, if the book is 2 years old or more, you'll find better
>> discounts elsewhere.
>>
>> I'm trying to decide if I "need" any of their new titles now.
>>
>> Dammit man, why couldn't you have just kept this to yourself!  :) :) :)
>
> If there are titles you like, take a look and see what bookpool.com offers on the same book - I frequently get 43% discount on new O'Reilly books, I don't normally buy any of the more "mature" titles ;^) - if they offer 43% discount, there's no need to rush out and buy a book (or books) now...

Well, it was a joke of course... ;)

I found another book seller that can locate older stuff.  I forget the name
but I'll try to remember and post it here tonight or tomorrow.

bookpool looks pretty good.

Lately I've been using a KDE program called Tellico.  Probably bloated, but it
is very good at managing book collections and want lists.

Actually, it handles all kinds of collection data, but books is what I use it
for most of the time.

It can be coaxed into generating bib files too.

--
shannon           | That which is overdesigned, too highly specific,