[geeks] How low can you go...

Mike Meredith very at zonky.org
Sat Mar 17 17:54:59 CDT 2007

On Sat, 17 Mar 2007 17:13:59 -0500 (CDT), Lionel Peterson wrote:
> Which raises an interesting question - my Netra has a serial console
> line running to a PC server serial port. When the PC server reboots,
> it seems to bring down the Netra - is this normal?

Yes at least when you use a PC.

> How do I avoid
> this?

Edit /etc/default/kbd and uncomment :-

KEYBOARD_ABORT=alternate

Then run 'kbd -i' (or reboot).

And stick a postit note somewhere near the PC reminding you of the
alternate sequence (<CTRL-m> ~ <CTRL-b>).

--
Mike Meredith (http://zonky.org/)
'I have always wished for my computer to be as easy to use as my