[geeks] Win2K and DST

Phil Stracchino phil.stracchino at speakeasy.net
Mon Mar 12 05:51:40 CDT 2007

Chad McAuley wrote:
> On 3/11/07, Phil Stracchino <phil.stracchino at speakeasy.net> wrote:
>> My wife's alarm clock has the same problem.  DST is hardcoded.  No patch
>> possible, and it doesn't appear to get a DST flag from the NIST time
>> signal it's synchronized to.
>
> I wasn't sure what to expect when I woke up this morning, but my
> little travel atomic alarm clock flipped over just fine.  Although
> seeing as it's a travel alarm, it makes sense that it reads the DST
> flag from the NIST radio signals.

Yeah ... hers actually updated overnight.  Only 24 hours late.  By which
time, of course, we'd given up on it updating and had manually offset
the alarm to go off at the "correct" time today.  Which meant it went
off an hour earlier than intended....

--
 It's not the years, it's the mileage.
 Phil Stracchino              phil.stracchino at speakeasy.net
 Landline: 603-429-0220                Mobile: 603-320-5438