[geeks] Win2K and DST

Geoffrey S. Mendelson gsm at mendelson.com
Mon Mar 12 01:20:45 CDT 2007

On Mon, Mar 12, 2007 at 12:55:32AM -0500, Chad McAuley wrote:
> I wasn't sure what to expect when I woke up this morning, but my
> little travel atomic alarm clock flipped over just fine.  Although
> seeing as it's a travel alarm, it makes sense that it reads the DST
> flag from the NIST radio signals.

According to several people on other lists I am on, the signals from
WWV (the U.S. time standard station) where changed at the correct time.

Some clocks picked them up right away, some needed to be reset. Many people
had problems because although they thought the signal was synchronizing
the clock all the time, in reality they were only getting signals
for a few hours a day.

What I want is an LED (or LCD) clock that runs NTP.and has an ethernet
port with a WiFi option.

Sometimes I sorry I got rid of my Mackay-Dymek (pardon the probable
spelling error) digital clock, circa 1970. It had Nixe tubes, and stepper
switches similar to those used in telephone exchanges.

It would make a loud click every second, a clunk every ten, The 12 hour change
was really impressive, the second, minute, hour and ten hour switches
would reset at the same time.

Geoff.

IL Voice: (07)-7424-1667  Fax ONLY: 972-2-648-1443 U.S. Voice: 1-215-821-1838