[geeks] DST hell

Sandwich Maker adh at an.bradford.ma.us
Sun Mar 11 23:30:17 CDT 2007

" From: Charles Shannon Hendrix <shannon at widomaker.com>
"
" Then there are the memory leaks... I know quite a few shops locally have to
" reboot their Windows servers at least once a week to get rid of memory
" leaks.  Just restarting the offending services won't fix it.

back in the mid/late '90s when i was shopping for a new isp, several
told me that their windows servers wouldn't go a week without
crashing.  only one was proactive, scheduling twice-weekly preemptive
reboots.

i guess things haven't changed much...