[geeks] DST hell

Sun Mar 11 22:58:14 CDT 2007

> The command line really does a poor job when you go outside the 7-bit
> ascii no spaces environment in which it was designed.

To be fair, that's a fault of existing command-line tools, not a fault
of the command-line paradigm.  (Not that this makes much practical
difference to someone not interested in writing new tools, I suppose.)

One of my pipe-dream projects is to build a system with 16-bit
characters all through it - probably a Unix variant based on a C
implementation with 16-bit chars, as a first attempt...it'd at the very
least be interesting to see what breaks.

/~\ The ASCII				der Mouse
\ / Ribbon Campaign
 X  Against HTML	       mouse at rodents.montreal.qc.ca