[geeks] Win2K and DST

Charles Shannon Hendrix shannon at widomaker.com
Sun Mar 11 21:17:58 CDT 2007

Sun, 11 Mar 2007 @ 20:27 -0500, Lionel Peterson said:

> >From: "Geoffrey S. Mendelson" <gsm at mendelson.com>
> >Date: 2007/03/11 Sun PM 05:00:59 CDT
> >To: The Geeks List <geeks at sunhelp.org>
> >Subject: Re: [geeks] Win2K and DST
>
> >On Sun, Mar 11, 2007 at 04:56:36PM -0500, Phil Brutsche wrote:
> >> It's a pain in the arse to use tzedit to fix the DST settings on 100+
> >> machines ;)
> >
> >It depends upon how many junior sysadmins you have. :-)
> >
> >Windows shops seem to be teeming with them.
>
> To paraphrase an old saying:
>
> "An infinite number of monkeys, on an infinite number of Windows
> servers can adjust tzedit..."

Well, they wrote the OS in the first place, one would expect they could
edit the timezone information too... :)

I guess Balmer is the head monkey...

I think his activities are mostly limited to flinging poo though.

Why people want to sit up front at developer conferences I'll never
know.

--
shannon          | Secrecy is the beginning of tyranny. -- Unknown