[geeks] Well, crap ...

Charles Shannon Hendrix shannon at widomaker.com
Sun Mar 11 21:16:39 CDT 2007

Sun, 11 Mar 2007 @ 21:42 -0400, Kevin said:

> Supposedly, the chip is there to give a more accurate indication of when
> the toner is getting low.

I have no idea if this is true or not, however: I was told that at least
with some cartridges this isn't deliberate sabotage, it is just that the
toner level indicator has to be replaced when the cartridge is refilled.

It sounds deliberate to me, but if the level indicator were built into
the toner seal, then I could see how it needs to be replaced.  Maybe
they figure that forcing replacement makes it more reliable.

Then again, maybe they are just rat bastards... :)

--
shannon          | Secrecy is the beginning of tyranny. -- Unknown