[geeks] Win2K and DST

Charles Shannon Hendrix shannon at widomaker.com
Sun Mar 11 21:12:28 CDT 2007

Sun, 11 Mar 2007 @ 15:51 -0500, Lionel Peterson said:

> >From: Phil Stracchino <phil.stracchino at speakeasy.net>
> >Date: 2007/03/11 Sun PM 02:10:56 CDT
> >To: The Geeks List <geeks at sunhelp.org>
> >Subject: [geeks] Win2K and DST
>
> >Does anyone know of a way to patch Windows 2000 for the DST changes?  My
> >win2K machines are theoretically fully patched, but in practice have not
> >updated for the altered DST dates.
> >
> >I'm assuming Microsoft's answer for "How do I make Windows 2000
> >correctly use the changed DST dates" is "Upgrade to Vista."
>
> No, since you're not supposed to be running anything "mission
> critical" on an "unsupported platform", they would probably just
> suggest shutting the machine down for two weeks, until we are inside
> the "normal" DST window ;^)

That appears to be the way I'll have to handle my atomic watch.

Stupid thing didn't spring forward over the weekend.

Evidently it doesn't have a way of getting the zone information from the
radio signal.

I have to figure that a lot of them are like that.

What a complete waste of time, pun at least partially intended.

--
shannon          | Secrecy is the beginning of tyranny. -- Unknown