[geeks] GNU Java on Solaris 10 sparc64

Charles Shannon Hendrix shannon at widomaker.com
Mon Mar 5 16:22:36 CST 2007

Does anyone here know if the GNU Java Compiler works well on Solaris 10?

I run FreeBSD 6.1 on a Sun Ultra 2, and the lack of Java and gcj support is
starting to hurt me.  I use that server for testing code I write for contract
work, and I see more and more Java or gcj built pieces of projects now.

Alternately, if anyone knows how to get it working on FreeBSD sparc64, that
would be great.  Officially, gcj simply doesn't work on sparc64 and FreeBSD
has disabled it in ports.

--
shannon           | The object of war is not to die for your country but to