[geeks] Interesting new inkjet printer from HP

Lionel Peterson lionel4287 at verizon.net
Fri Mar 2 09:46:33 CST 2007

>From: Bryan Fullerton <fehwalker at gmail.com>
>Date: 2007/03/02 Fri AM 08:58:19 CST
>To: The Geeks List <geeks at sunhelp.org>
>Subject: Re: [geeks] Interesting new inkjet printer from HP

>On 3/2/07, Lionel Peterson <lionel4287 at verizon.net> wrote:
>> HP has a new printer, the DeskJet K5400dn that lists for $199 at staples, and
>> includes built-in networking and a duplexer. Another model is available, the
>> K5400dtn that adds a second paper tray to the above printer.
>
>First, it's an OfficeJet Pro, not a DeskJet, so searching for it under
>DeskJet isn't going to be useful.

That's true, but I got no satisfaction searching hp.com with "K5400dn"...

>Second, the user manual has instructions for MacOS, which is promising.

It also says it supports Linux, if you look in the specifications section in the back of the manual. I'm concerned about the need to install software on Mac OSX, but I suspect it is management software.

The printer claims PCL 3 Enhanced as the supported protocol.

And it supports 8.5" x 14" paper.

>http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/manualCategory?cc=us&dlc=en&product=2511767&lc=en&jumpid=reg_R1002_USEN

Lionel