[geeks] Jeez, that's some monitor...

Mark md.benson at gmail.com
Fri Mar 2 01:52:16 CST 2007

On 1 Mar 2007, at 19:07, Sridhar Ayengar wrote:

>> That's nothing special - my LG Flatron 19" CRT will do 2048x1536 @
>> 55Hz, 1920x1240 @ 60Hz and 1600x1200 @ 85Hz. That said a 21" inch
>> tube is nice enough at whatever res :)
>
> Ha.
>
> My Diamond Pro 2040u can do 2048x1536 @60Hz and 22".  I would have
> replaced it with something smaller and lighter, but displays with that
> kind of performance tend to cost in excess of $2000.

I'm pretty sure the 21" version of my monitor would do that too, but
it was about 3 times the price of the one I have :o)

I did find the principle limiting factor to the maximum screen res
vs. refresh rate was actually the horizontal scan rate. I guess
that's the bit that requires the high-speed bit as it has to do that
for every row.

FWIW mine has no type of colour calibration. It's actually a bummer
because it has a bleed in one corner - not a bad one but you notice
it when you are working in OS X because of all the white bits. It's
not a gauss issue - I went over all that - I guess it's just not that
expensive a monitor that it is guaranteed to be consistent.

--
Mark Benson

My Blog:
<http://mdblog.68kmac.org>