[geeks] Jeez, that's some monitor...

Mark md.benson at gmail.com
Thu Mar 1 12:51:15 CST 2007

On 28 Feb 2007, at 21:40, Lionel Peterson wrote:

> I picked up a monitor at the PU surplus sale today, and I just got
> around to checking out the specifications ( http://
> www.viewsonic.com/pdf/us_eng/products/G220ffB_Eng.pdf )...

What'd you do - hire a fork truck?

> 1856 x 1392 (refresh rate?), but they recommend 1600 x 1200 at
> either 75 or 85 Hz refresh

That's nothing special - my LG Flatron 19" CRT will do 2048x1536 @
55Hz, 1920x1240 @ 60Hz and 1600x1200 @ 85Hz. That said a 21" inch
tube is nice enough at whatever res :)

> Anyway, it looks to be in great shape, I'll just need to find a
> high-end graphics card to drive it with ;^)

Not really, anything better than a Voodoo 3/4 card will drive that at
any sensible resolutions. I used to use my PowerMac G4 with a 32MB
Radeon 7000 on a 1600x1200 CRT (sad same LG Flatron in fact) a few
years back - didn't even skip a beat.

--
Mark Benson

My Blog: