[geeks] Big-screen PC Laptop suggestions?

Hicheal Morton mh1272 at gmail.com
Fri Jun 29 14:43:06 CDT 2007

Acer has a world-wide warranty.  I have owned five (two used & three new;
two tablets--one used and one new; four TravelMates and one Asprie) and have
had very good-to-great service out of the machines.  I don't load very must
on my laptops: OpenOffice, Netscape, Thunderbird, "light" anti-* programs.
The three laptops were 15.*" and the tablets were 11.6".  I have no
experience with the 17".  They do have a 19" or 21" laptop.

HP Business is good.  We use these are work.  I go for smaller screens so I
have no experience with 17" or above.  My current XP laptop is a nc6400 (
14.1: screen hooked to an Acer 20" LCD).  My current Linux laptop is an
nx6000 (14.1" screent).

I used to work on Dells and like those also.

The world-wide warranty on Acer would be the tipping point for me.  The
extended warranties are reasonable.

One question: Why don't you consider purchasing one in Europe?  (Just
curious.)

Ciao,

Hike