[geeks] Windows XP 64bit Licensing?

Michael Dombrowski ab1244 at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 27 19:39:02 CDT 2007

> My point was he needs to do a lot more research
> before investing in any
> operating system, and I was making the point of
> illustrating all the
> potential issues (there are many) to running any
> 64-bit OS on an x86
> architecture.  I wasn't arguing so much as
> educating.  If I sounded like I
> was arguing, it's probably because I'm rather sick
> of having to deal with
> all this mess professionally and it makes me
> sad/frustrated to write about
> it.
>
> - Nate

Just wanted to clarify this point... I was a bit
unclear in my original email, should have said that I
cannot use Linux because of the graphics issues and
cannot use Windows XP (32bit) because of the 1gb hole
due to memory mapping of physical devices... Looks
like my choices are either live with 3gb ram and XP
32bit or Kubuntu and only two monitors... grrr.

Mike