[geeks] Windows XP 64bit Licensing?

Charles Shannon Hendrix shannon at widomaker.com
Wed Jun 27 14:44:16 CDT 2007

nate at portents.com wrote:

>>> That depends on what you mean by "no problem"... about a year ago, when
>>> surveyed 64-bit distros they tended to opt for 64-bit native package
>> [ snip [
>>
>> Understood, but you changed the subject.
>
> I didn't change the subject, I gave a more specific answer to a vague
> question and your vague answer.  Tossing around phrases like "no problem"
> may be all someone needed to hear, or it might not be, because the
> question wasn't very good to begin with.

There was no question.

The posting gave >3GB of RAM as a reason for moving to Windows, and I just said
that >3GB of RAM isn't a problem for Linux.

> Sure, and if someone is contemplating using said 64-bit system (i.e.
> AMD64/EM64T platform + Linux x86-64 distribution for instance) I don't see
> why all the ins and outs of using said system in a day to day way should
> be glossed over with statements such as "no problem".

I didn't say those things were no problem, since they weren't relevant to what I
responded to.

Is arguing with phantoms a hobby?  :)

--
shannon           | An Irishman is never drunk as long as he can hold onto