[geeks] NAS storage opinions and bitching wanted

Charles Shannon Hendrix shannon at widomaker.com
Mon Jun 25 18:15:51 CDT 2007

Mon, 25 Jun 2007 @ 15:11 -0400, Aaron Finley said:

> > Antec NSK2400 case: $99
> > Asus P5B-VM motherboard: $125
> > Intel Celeron 420 Conroe, $45
> > 1GB Kingston ValueRam: 46
> > pair of 500GB Barracudas: $240.
> >
> > Total cost around $556.
>
> You can buy a Maxtor NAS4300 without drives and throw Linux on it for
> $75 or so, might be worth considering.

Hopefully Maxtor NAS units are higher quality then their drives.

It looks like an interesting unit.

However, it is ATA and the specs don't mention any USB ports.

It does give me an idea for something else to look for though.

--
shannon           | An Irishman is never drunk as long as he can hold onto