[geeks] Awesome Tiny Computer

Mark md.benson at gmail.com
Sat Jun 23 03:19:53 CDT 2007

On 23 Jun 2007, at 06:07, Sridhar Ayengar wrote:

> Apologies if you've seen this already.(tm)
>
> http://linuxdevices.com/news/NS6730529835.html

Low Cost Small Computers for the win!

I mean if you can fit a full featured ARM Linux computer in a phone,
then why not in any other small package?

I'm currently playing with a Genesi EFIKA board. Not quite as tiny
but it's still a really cool little rig. Makes a great e-mail/surf/
xdmcp workstation and portable server. I'm currently in the process
(with assistance from someone who's a bit closer to being an
engineer) of building up a custom case in a 5.25" external CD chassis.

EFIKA:  http://www.genesippc.com/efika.php

Case:   http://www.maplin.co.uk/images/Full/a15fw.jpg

I'll show y'all it when it's done :)

--