[geeks] Security system bits FT/FS/etc

Bill Bradford mrbill at mrbill.net
Sat Jun 23 01:27:18 CDT 2007

Had a new security system installed today; the installer recommended
keeping and ebaying/tinkering with the old one instead of just throwing
it in the trash (he said "I could get the old one working in about thirty
minutes, but you want the new system installed...")

It's a DSC (www.dsc.com) wireless system.

Control panel is a DSC PC1555 (with manual)
http://www.homesecuritystore.com/detail_pages/pc1555.htm

WIth an 8-zone LED keypad:
http://www.homesecuritystore.com/ezStore123/DTProductZoom.asp?productID=452

Wireless interface module:
http://www.homesecuritystore.com/ezStore123/DTProductZoom.asp?productID=433

Wireless infrared motion detector:
http://www.homesecuritystore.com/ezStore123/DTProductZoom.asp?productID=431

2-3 Wireless door/window transmitters (if I can find all the ones he
uninstalled):
http://www.homesecuritystore.com/ezStore123/DTProductZoom.asp?productID=602

If I can get it off the ceiling in here, a wireless glass break detector:
http://www.homesecuritystore.com/ezStore123/DTProductZoom.asp?productID=603

The only things it doesn't have:

The 12V 4AH battery (kept as a spare for the new system):
http://www.homesecuritystore.com/ezStore123/DTProductZoom.asp?productID=446

The AC transformer (re-used for the new system) ($12)
http://www.homesecuritystore.com/ezStore123/DTProductZoom.asp?productID=445

So, I figure *someone* here would want to fiddle/mess around with this
stuff.  It was a perfectly working system (we just never used it, and
never had a monitoring service for it) before we replaced it with the
ADT-provided system today.

Anybody interested?  Will sell/trade/swap for anything interesting.  I
just don't want to throw all this stuff away.

Bill

--
Bill Bradford
Houston, Texas