[geeks] You forget how quiet the Mac Pro is until...

Charles Shannon Hendrix shannon at widomaker.com
Thu Jun 21 18:27:55 CDT 2007

Aaron Finley wrote:
> On 6/21/07, Mark <md.benson at gmail.com> wrote:
>> ...you switch on a U60 with a pair of 1.6" IBM 36GB drives in :) It
>> was good to use the old beasty again tho - it still makes me glow
>> using Solaris 10 on it. It's  also currently still the most RAM
>> infested machine on my desk at a mere 1.5GB.
>
> Bah. What you need is a Dell PowerEdge 1850 in the same room with you
> to give you true perspective.

Toys.

Try firing up a Data General MV20000 Eclipse with huge 900MB drives.

Huge == stack of 14 inch platters and about 25 pounds each.

Huge == sounded like a jet engine starting up.

Loved it... :)

Now I'll wait for someone to talk about firing up a paging drum...

--
shannon           | An Irishman is never drunk as long as he can hold onto