[geeks] software for WRT54G

Mike Meredith very at zonky.org
Wed Jun 20 17:13:04 CDT 2007

On Wed, 20 Jun 2007 17:37:50 -0400, Charles Shannon Hendrix wrote:
> Well, the problem with that is I really don't want that on the
> "outside" LAN.

Well, I really only mentioned it because it demonstrates how flexible
OpenWRT is and if I were to do VPNs, it's how I would do it.

> I have a V3 WRT54G which supposedly has the Linux based firmware
> instead of the proprietary stuff in V5 and higher hardware, if that
> matters.

It gives you more resources to play with. I think mine is a V3 ... or
at least something similar. And in answer to another question, with
Tomato I have 19.5Mb free ... enough for quite a few routes or firewall
rules.

--
Mike Meredith (http://zonky.org/)
 "I wish there was a knob on the TV to turn up the intelligence.