[geeks] dosbox

Jonathan C. Patschke jp at celestrion.net
Tue Jun 19 14:38:09 CDT 2007

On Tue, 19 Jun 2007, Bill Bradford wrote:

> On Tue, Jun 19, 2007 at 11:47:07AM -0400, Sridhar Ayengar wrote:
>> It will.  I was looking for native 64-bit.  I'm already running the
>> 32-bit version.
>> I wanted to try it for benchmarking purposes.  I suppose I could compile
>> it myself, but I find building software on Windows distasteful.
>
> None of the code you'll be running is 64-bit; why bother?

The emulator itself might make better use of the CPU's registers if
built 64-bit, though.

We'll never see the death of IA32 if people continue to turn their noses
up that the one upwardly-compatible fix for that abortion of an
instruction set.

--
Jonathan Patschke ) "When they turn the pages of history, when these
Elgin, TX        (   days have passed long ago, will they read of us