[geeks] The word that is the bane of my existence

Lionel Peterson lionel4287 at verizon.net
Tue Jun 19 13:59:37 CDT 2007

>From: Sridhar Ayengar <ploopster at gmail.com>
>Date: 2007/06/19 Tue PM 01:49:23 CDT
>To: The Geeks List <geeks at sunhelp.org>
>Subject: [geeks] The word that is the bane of my existence

>udpate

Heh, I went through a torturous process with Solaris 10 (06/06, IIRC) just recently - Update Manager came back with 155 updates for my Ultra 5, many of which clearly didn't need to be applied, but I decided to install them since:

 a) I had plenty of disk space (120 Gig drive)

 b) If I install them now, I won't have to ignore them next time
    Update Manager runs

I guess the obscure patches have to do with my tendancy to install ALL + OEM when I install Solaris, unless space is at a real premium...

Anyway, I think the install took *hours* - ugh, live and learn...

Lionel