[geeks] image rescue for freeBSD machine

Charles Shannon Hendrix shannon at widomaker.com
Mon Jun 11 15:39:52 CDT 2007

I want to be able to install an image of a FreeBSD filesystem on a
small computer.

Basically just an image copy, no install, just transfer the image and
when the machine reboots, it loads from the drive where the image
was written.

I wanted to use a USB flash drive for this.  Basically I want to boot
from it, and be able to pick and image and say "write this image to this
drive".

The root drives of the systems in question are only 512MB, so a USB
drive is plenty large enough.

Has anyone else done this before?

I figure something kind of like Ghost, but on a flash drive, is what I
need.

Thanks for any information or pointers.

--
shannon           | An Irishman is never drunk as long as he can hold onto