[geeks] Windows drive->drive backup

Charles Shannon Hendrix shannon at widomaker.com
Sun Jun 10 16:16:34 CDT 2007

James Fogg wrote:
>> Subject: [geeks] Windows drive->drive backup
>>
>> I need to install a backup for someone using Windows.
>>
>> It needs to be a drive->drive backup.
>>
>> I don't know what is out there for Windows.  Most of what
>> I've played with either looked and worked like crap, or it
>> didn't really do what I wanted.
>>
>> The other issue is that I need something which runs
>> regardless of whether or not someone is currently logged in.
>>
>> Any ideas?
>>
>> Cost $50 or less if at all possible.
>

> Have you use Windows Backup? It comes with XP Pro and any server
> version. It's not elegant or sophisticated, but it'll do what you've
> asked for.

I've never had it work before.  I've set it up to run, and it seems to never
run if no one is currently logged in.  Is it supposed to?

What I really need is rsnapshot for Windows because it makes the backup easy
to access, and it saves a ton of space.

I might play with Windows Backup again.

--
shannon           | Consulting wouldn't be what it is today without Microsoft