[geeks] page widths within PDFs

Kevin R. Marshall kevin at mpcf.com
Fri Jun 8 09:56:58 CDT 2007

I mean the later, a PDF file with multiple pages, with each page
being a different width.

In this case, were not concerned with what a printed copy
would look like, only how it is presented on screen.

My boss wants to create a brochure style PDF, where the first
page is narrow (looks like the cover of a folded brochure) and
the next page is wide (looks like a brochure that has been
unfolded).  It looks asinine if you ask me and no one here has
been able to accomplish it using only Word and Acrobat Standard.

Not even remotely within my field of expertise, but when they
can't figure something out they have a tendency to ask me, no
matter how irrelevant it is to what i actually do.

I told them to quite bothering me with it and either hire
document layout personnel or outsource it.

Thanks for the info,
/KRM

On Thu, 7 Jun 2007 15:48:44 -0400
Patrick Giagnocavo <patrick at zill.net> wrote:

> Do you mean, "a PDF file of greater width than 8.5 x11" or "a
PDF
> file with multiple pages, with each page being a different size
than
> the other pages"?
>
> The answer is "yes" in both cases, however, when using a PDF
print
> driver it will basically center each smaller "page" in the
middle of
> a standard size page.
>

> On Jun 7, 2007, at 2:52 PM, Kevin R. Marshall wrote:
>
> > Does anyone here know if it is possible to create a single
PDF
> > file containing pages of MULTIPLE widths?
> >
> > /KRM

/~\ The ASCII
\ / Ribbon Campaign
 X  Against HTML