[geeks] TRS-80's running XENIX

Charles Shannon Hendrix shannon at widomaker.com
Wed Jun 6 20:17:03 CDT 2007

Geoff Reed wrote:
> Quoting Charles Shannon Hendrix <shannon at widomaker.com>:
>
>> You just repeated what I said, so evidently we are getting our
>> information
>> from the same place... :)
>
> didn't see your post till I replied to the other.
>
> I have had in the past a 2, 12, 16 and a 6000 :)  so I am familiar with the
> family of computers :)

I remember those machines as a kid, and I wanted them so bad.

Long before I ever got a computer, I used to go to the mall and hang out in
the room-sized kiosks that Radio Shack and Singer had, using their computers.
It was easier than sneaking into terminal rooms and places like that.

The Model 16 at one Radio Shack was even hooked up to a modem and another was
even on UUCP.

One time when a friend and I "borrowed" a PDP-11 was from that Radio Shack
kiosk.  No one had any idea what we were doing.

--
shannon           | Work for something because it is good, not just because