[geeks] Microsoft Surface...

Charles Shannon Hendrix shannon at widomaker.com
Tue Jun 5 13:26:41 CDT 2007

Geoffrey S. Mendelson wrote:
> On Tue, Jun 05, 2007 at 12:01:46PM -0400, Charles Shannon Hendrix wrote:
>> Exactly, and that's the whole point: the topic was what Microsoft did before
>> the IBM PC... :)
>

> Sorry, I thought we were still discussing NT, other processors, etc.

Well, we probably were... :)

But the post *I* was responding to stated that Microsoft dropped support for
non-Intel CPUs after the release of the IBM PC.

I questioned this because as far as I know, they never supported other CPUs
even before that except for some BASIC interpreters, and even there they
didn't write all of them.

Of course, you rightly point out that they supported Mac after the IBM PC, so
I guess the long lost original post was wrong regardless of which way you go
in time... :)

Of course, the subject line is about "Microsoft Surface"... :)

--
shannon /     Trouble rather the tiger in his lair than the sage amongst
-------'      his books For to you kingdoms and their armies are