[geeks] Microsoft Surface...

Ido Dubrawsky idubraws at dubrawsky.org
Mon Jun 4 19:17:08 CDT 2007

Actually, the point of my question related to the fact that Cisco also
does the acquisition game. I know this as I worked there for several
years and during that time anytime we fell behind in an area or were
"deficient" we would acquire someone to play catch-up. That's not so
much the case now as they acquire in order to fill in their portfolio.
But in today's environment that's the name of the game. We'd all rather
see each company create it's own products from scratch and see that
product mature and enter the market on a level playing field, but
today's market requires both agility and speed -- companies gain both by
acquiring others and that helps them stay in the game longer (hopefully)
in order to improve the technology. Also, they have their hands in so
many pots that it's sometimes a Herculean feat to come up with a new
product in a new technology from scratch in a timely manner. Just my .02
Ido > Date: Mon, 4 Jun 2007 19:50:25 +0100 > From: Mark
<md.benson at gmail.com> > Subject: Re: [geeks] Microsoft Surface... > To:
The Geeks List <geeks at sunhelp.org> > Message-ID:
<CA82E1C9-FA26-4862-B505-24D43EEEAAE8 at gmail.com> > Content-Type:
text/plain; charset=US-ASCII; delsp=yes; format=flowed > > On 4 Jun

> > So what's your feeling about Cisco given the quote below?
>

> They are just like any other corporation. They want to make money and
> goa about it in the best way they see fit. It's not the way we'd like
> them to, but hey.

Ido Dubrawsky, CISSP
Network Security Architect
dubrawsky.org