[geeks] WANTED: ADT software for Apple IIgs on 3.5" floppy

Charles Shannon Hendrix shannon at widomaker.com
Mon Jun 4 00:31:01 CDT 2007

Geoffrey S. Mendelson wrote:
> On Sun, Jun 03, 2007 at 08:48:31PM -0400, Charles Shannon Hendrix wrote:
>> Alternately, anyone know how to get the initial bootstrap working?
>
> Won't a Macintosh write ProDos disks? Any Mac with a BUILT IN floppy
> drive (the external USB drives are 1.4m only) and MacOS 9.2 or older
> (not Classic mode under OSX). That's a lot of computers, and I'm
> sure one can be found for free.

I'm sure it can, but I can't figure out how.

I put disk image on the Mac, but there seems to be no way to write the image
to the disk.

800K Apple II drives work fine on a Mac.

If I put a blank disk in the drive, there is no option for format it for ProDOS.

If I run DiskDup+, it cannot recognize any of the disk images i have put on
the Mac, which I want to write to the 800K floppies.

Do I need some kind of special software or what?

In particular, is there any Mac software that will write a disk image to a
floppy, and not care about the @#$%@#$% resource fork?

The files are perfectly valid prodos disk images, but the Mac insists they are
just text files.

I used reskit to create a resource fork and make them data, but the programs
like DiskDup+ still don't like them.

DiskCopy is also supposed to be able to save and write Apple II 3.5" images,
but I can't make that work either.

--
shannon           | We have nothing to prove.