[geeks] Google Images Facial Recognition!

Lionel Peterson lionel4287 at verizon.net
Sun Jun 3 14:19:43 CDT 2007

>From: Charles Shannon Hendrix <shannon at widomaker.com>
>Date: 2007/06/03 Sun PM 12:01:33 CDT
>To: The Geeks List <geeks at sunhelp.org>
>Subject: Re: [geeks] Google Images Facial Recognition!

>Lionel Peterson wrote:
>
>> As a resident of New Jersey, in the United States of America, a consumer
of mass-market
>> media, and a victim of various public interest organizations, I can parrot
>> emphatically that all profiling IS racial - no two ways around it. [0]
>
>So what?  It's also very effective.
>
>Unlike, for example, all-black organizations and black-only "rights" that
>white people cannot have.
>
>s/black/<favorite race here>/
>
>Statistical possibilities are real, no two ways around it.

Sorry, my sarcasam mechanisim is due for a tune up - I was being sarcastic
(that's why I said "parrot")

There once was a time when out-of-state cars weighed down on the NJ turnpike
were able to be stopped and searched for running (drugs|cigarrettes|guns)
across state lines... No the troopers need other reasons...

To be clear - I am for profiling, despite the best efforts of the various
organizations and politicians to convince me otherwise...

Lionel